Ten Times Effect
Weekly Reading Topic for August 8, 2020:
Well, good morning, love! I just opened a Reading for you, my newsletter subscribers and here’s what I heard in answer to the following:
What do my readers most need to hear this weekend? What is the most important message to send to my beloved readers?
The answer was: “ten times effect.”
I’m so reluctant to publish this one. I got very specific advice that sounds super new-agey (or as we say in my house “newage, rhymes with sewage”). And the only poetic language in it has, erm, a distinct odor.
Sigh. I’m going to just hit publish, and then set up the newsletter for my subscribers.
What follows is your weekly reading, dearest one!
Weekly Reading │ Ten Times Effect
Q: What do we need to know about “ten times effect?”
A: Shoosh, this is not good. Time for some old-fashioned Truth Telling, dear ones. Sometimes you just have to sit down and hear it straight, and apparently this is one of those times.
I’m going to gather myself just a little bit for courage, OK?
Here’s the truth: we are in for a very, very very very very bumpy few months. Whatever you’ve seen/heard/experienced/worried about in the last five years has merely been a prelude to the Shit Show that is headed our way right now.
It comes in many, many forms, too. There is a Lot of Shit that will pile up on our doorsteps, drift against our walls, form mountains of shit. We’ll be able to get up on the roof and sled or ski down these piles of crap by the time this is even close to settling down.
So. That escalated quickly, right? But that’s the POINT. We are in a ten times effect period. Everything we say, do, think, feel, has a TEN TIMES EFFECT.
And that means that everyone will be responsible for just how big this pile of shit gets.
If you don’t want to personally drown in shit it’s time — beyond time — to get your shit together.
(I apologize if this language offends, it’s not mine. OK, it’s mine, but it’s still the way it’s coming through me. It’s the only appropriate language for what’s coming.)
If you haven’t stocked your pantry, do it. If you need to buy a generator, do it. If you haven’t committed to a meditation, prayer, or gaze-at-your-navel practice, for the love of all that is good and holy, do it.
If you do not hydrate your body daily, and well, START. Start taking a stress formula to support your nervous system. B vitamins, ashwagandha, minerals — vitamin C and D — whatever you can do to protect yourself from getting too stressed out, swamping your immune system, and going downhill when you need to tread shit to stay at the top of the shitty sea of shit that’s rising all around us.
Tell your loved ones you LOVE them, often, and leave each day behind you. By which they mean: CLEAR YOUR MIND before sleep so you can dream well and detox your body thoroughly.
Get enough sleep!!
We are heading into months, and months, and MONTHS of stress. It will abate in the early year, but it won’t be OVER for the major stressors for at least a year.
If you were my loved one, here’s what I would advise you. Wait, you ARE my loved one, so here is what I advise, just as I did my mother and my darling brother, parent to my precious niece and nephew:
- Distance learning for your kids. If you can manage it, don’t send them into school at all. Even one dead classmate, family member, teacher, or family member of teacher or classmate or janitor or coach, and your child will be struggling with survivor’s guilt for LIFE. When I look at this in the Records, I see a generation of kids from 1917’s Spanish flu who could barely talk about their childhood, because it had been so very scarring. They had no happy childhood memories. Do whatever you can to keep them home. And yes, I know that’s not simple for anyone, at all. You may not be able to do it. But at least consider it deeply. Because you will almost certainly have to do it, anyway, because …
- The virus is going to get so bad, folks. It’s already out of control. It’s terribly catchy, and while many will have mild or even asymptomatic cases, it will spread, and many will get very ill and die, and many MORE will have life-long disabilities as a result. This is not a joke. It causes the blood to clot up inside the blood vessels. It “wants” us to STOP like it stops up our blood supply. It “wants” us to rest and refrain from the stupidity that we have been engaging in for ages, in so many areas of life. So, you know, stop. Stay home, wear a mask, social distance, and for heaven’s sake, take your vitamin C, D, and zinc. They won’t necessarily cure it or prevent it, but they will support your immune system. And if you DO get it, ask your healthcare provider about massive antioxidant support to counteract the cytokine storm, like glutathione (available intravenously in hospital!) or PQQ. (Check with your doctor, I’m not a doctor!! This is not medical advice!!!!!) Oh, anti-viral herbs of any kind are also important, especially if you are at home and able to help yourself. Garlic, astralagus, anything that has been used to lower viral load. But … ask your medical adviser.
- Watch for amazing and terrible storms, and prepare. Water, some sort of heating and cooling system, a generator if you can get your hands on one. There are multiple hurricanes headed our way.
- And there are also just WEIRD weather and natural events, like droughts in the fall and winter, real unusual global-warming stuff that just doesn’t make sense. Think Wild Weather. Do what you can to shore up.
- Focus on hibernation, in all senses of the word. Think of yourself as a bear, snuggling in. As much as you can, stay home, sleep, and take care of yourself and your loved ones. Check in on your neighbors. Make sure that you are doing the right and kind thing.
- Make sure you vote early if you can. And if you have to go to the polling place, be careful, go early, and be prepared to stay in line for a long time. Go in expecting hours of time.
- Be prepared to call Congress: 202-224-3121. Call and write to your local representatives, to your paper’s editorial board. MAKE YOURSELF HEARD.
And also, know that any mitigation steps you take will not be “perfect” or “work out.” This is a time when every move we make is risky.
Stay at home and lose your job, or go to work and get sick?
Send your kids to school and risk their emotional health, or stay at home and risk their emotional health??
There are no “right” choices, and I would honestly stay away from judgmental attitudes if you can. Everyone is literally drowning in shit. No one is doing this “well” and everyone is going to do the best they can.
(Not that you will be able to keep from judging. But you can keep your judgment on the inside. Most of the time.)
Because TEN TIMES EFFECTS, people. Whatever you think would be bad, it’ll be worse. And that includes your own ability to handle stress.
OK, here’s something else — and this is the kind of thing that I normally wouldn’t “say in public” because it’s just too effing weird (but these times call for weird advice, I think).
You will be helped tremendously if you get yourself a piece of black tourmaline, a piece of rose quartz, and a piece of hematite, and keep them on you at all times. Like, right over your breastbone would be the best place. Even while you sleep.
YES. I am telling you to wear crystals, just like a crazy new-age lady would. But honestly, ask my friends — I’m not a crazy newage (rhymes with sewage) lady. Well. Maybe.
No. I’m not!
You can get them as jewelry or just stones, but the combination of the three of them together will REALLY help you if you keep them on your person.
Black tourmaline sort of neutralizes energy. If something is too jittery, it calms it down. If something is too sluggish, it revs it up. And you’ll find plenty of “articles” on “sites” online that will tell you all sorts of other things about it. Ignore those, most of it is garbage-y flowery language for people who like spiritually-tinged bedtime stories and reasons to buy rocks other than they are pretty.
Here’s what black tourmaline is: a HEPA filter. It filters out the tiny particles that come in through the cracks in our mind. When you cringe when you hear someone speak on the news? Black tourmaline helps you to tolerate that better.
(Wondering if this is true? Check out tourmaline hair dryers and flat irons and many other tools — this rock rocks.)
Rose quartz is a beautiful pink stone that reminds you that unconditional love is a Real Thing and you have it. For yourself, and for others. It protects your heart from harm, and helps you to feel connected to the Great Love That We Are Really and Truly. Maybe just because it’s so pretty and pink and often, somehow, comes out of the mill in heart shapes.
And hematite is a magnetic stone loaded with iron that calms our body down and “grounds” us. When we wear hematite we are firmly planted on the earth, we don’t drift about. Think of it as a hardy cast iron pan, the one your grandmother made cornbread in.
The combination of the three of these are really powerful. Simple, but powerful. You are grounded, you are in touch with love, and you are churning anything that comes your way into neutral, harmless air.
Even just keeping these three stones in your pocket to rub in a worry-doll-sort-of-way will help you!
So, stones, and hydration, and sleep, and a generator, and supplements — none of these are super cures, and none of them ward off evil spirits.
But they do focus our attention, build our immunity, strengthen our body. They make us stronger, and healthier, and more ready.
Because the shit storm that is breaking over our heads now? It’s not ending for a long time.
And it’s bad for the next few months — and then it gets worse. And then it gets better, but it’s not over for a long, long time. This time next year we will start to understand the new world that is coming. But from now until then? It’s a shit show.
I appreciate you, and your attention, and your love.
I am always here to serve in any way I can.
Much Love to You,
Want Your Weekly Reading Delivered to Your Inbox Every Saturday Morning?
Make It Happen - Molly Jacobson
October 9, 2020 @ 12:57 pm
[…] is a challenging time, as we’ve been, um, noticing for a while now. Radically committing to yourself in every way will help you navigate these challenges and also […]